I lost my cream puff virginity last Saturday when I decided to bake something for a friend's party. I had mango cream cheese in fridge, searched recipes with it and found this. I made the filling according to it (except doubled the amount of cream) and the dough according to this recipe (the first one on the list). At the party table these fluffy yummies were paired with the hostess' amazing sandwich cake. Nice match, I'd say!
MANGO CREAM PUFFS (20 middle size, 35 small)
1 1/2 dl water
75 g butter
1 1/2 dl wheat flour
2 dl cream
200 g mango cream cheese
1. Boil water and butter in a pan. Add flour. Mix with a wooden fork until the dough turns into a firm "ball". Let it cool.
2. Add eggs one by one while mixing with mixer. After adding the first two eggs, keep mixing for 2 minutes. After adding the third egg, mix for 4 to 5 minutes. (This is essential to make the dough rise).
3. Extrude rosette-shape lumps on baking paper or use two spoons.
4. Bake in 200 Celsius for 25 minutes. Don't open the oven door for the first 15 minutes.
5. Make the filling: whip the cream and mix it with cream cheese and sugar. Cut the puffs and fill them.