This is a nice Christmas present idea. I fell in love with the taste of these cookies so already made another set using white chocolate – not bad!
The whole week has been crazy running from one place to another. Finally it's time to relax and enjoy the holidays.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! <:P
CHRISTMAS COOKIES (in Finnish here.)
100 g soft apricots (soft cranberries might make a nice variation)
2 dl (100 g) pecan nuts
100 g dark chocolate (white or milk chocolate also worth trying!)
3 dl wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
100 g butter
1 dl sugar
2 table spoons light syrup
1. Cut the apricots, nuts and chocolate into crushed grain. Mix flours with baking powder and spices.
2. Froth butter and sugar. Add the egg while frothing. Add syrup, flour, and crushed grain. Mix the dough until even.
3. Make 30 cm long bar of the dough. Wrap it in cellophane and let harden in fridge for about 2 hours.
4. Cut the bar into 1 cm slices. Place the slices on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
5. Bake in 175 C in the middle of the oven for 12-15 minutes, until the slices get a bit brownish. Let the cookies cool down and harden on the tray.